MWPW Amanda Walter has "No Reservations"...
MWPW Amanda Walter has "No Reservations" about her love affair with good food and wine....
I've always liked to indulge, and while I'd like to be able to say that living in Italy turned me on to wine, I really just used living in Italy as an excuse to drink really cheap (but really good in hindsight) wine. I think what got me really into it was when I worked at a pretty nice restaurant where we'd have wine tastings before each shift.
2. What wine(s) are you loving right now?
I personally think that Venge Vineyards makes some of the best wine around; their proprietary Zinfandel blend called Scouts Honor is like liquid gold. But I'm very into anything Ram's Gate right now. Their wines are new but really interesting, and I'm anxious to see where they go next.
3. The craziest wine/food pairing I ever had (or want to try) was/is __________
Not too crazy, but very crazy good is the seared Sonoma foie gras (with hickleberry gastrique, brioche and hazelnuts) with Ram's Gate 2009 Late Harvest Zin is pretty spot on fantastic.
4. I know I'm excited about a certain wine when I.....
Make lots of funny noises when I drink it
Want the bottle all to myself
Want everyone I know to try some
Stock it like a squirrel hoarding nuts for the winter
Go through my stash in a flash
Can't stop smiling
Enter into a deep, zen-like state of contemplation when I drink it
5. If you could share a bottle of wine with someone famous (living or not) with whom would you share it?
Anthony Bourdain. No explanation needed really. That guy defines "cool".
6. If you could travel to any wine region in the world right now, where would it be?
7. If I were a wine, a wine writer would describe me as.....
8. Is there anything we missed about you that you want to share with the My Wine School community?
I'll eat and drink pretty much anything, and I'll more thank likely have a strong opinion about it.
Thanks to Amanda for sharing... Cheers!
Maybe you'll be next! Enter here to be featured on MWS website, Facebook and Twitter!